Thursday, September 13, 2012

Warning: Proud Mom Braggy Post

I had to hold back my tears of pride for my family today.  Jimmy had "Sharing Day" and he wanted to share with his classmates his grandpa's World War II Navy hat and bayonet.  He also wanted to display Jason's Army medals and honors he received while serving.  As Jimmy was speaking to the class, and while I was looking at all of their angel-faces listening intently, it made me so proud of my late father-in-law and of my husband.  And then to see my little son speak of them so sweetly, I just beamed with pride.
 
This week, especially, with the anniversary of 9/11 made me more sensitive to those feelings and the people who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom and those who continue to do so.
 
I watch the news and I just think, "When is the world going to end?  When will the Lord come?"  The world is so wicked and evil and my heart breaks every day seeing innocent people losing their lives in the hands of murdering men and I just get sad.
 
Anyway, today I was feeling righteous pride for my country and for my family.
 


Something else happened today that made me proud.  As Jacob was walking into the school this morning, I watched him hold the door open wide for a girl so she could walk in before him.  What a gentlemanly thing to do.  I complimented him and felt good knowing that all my instruction is sinking in. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

We need more of these braggy posts! Keep 'em coming!

Lo-train said...

That is why you had boys, because you know how to teach them to be gentleman. Good job Mama!

PixieGirl said...

Strong boys, good boys, gentlemanly boys can only come from a stalwart mother!