Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What's Been Going On Around Here Anyway?





Well, heck, not much.  My parents visited from St. George for five whole days.  It was lovely.  The weather wasn't.  It poured rain the entire time they were here!  How could that have possibly happened??  Oh, well.  We need the moisture, I guess.  blah blah blah

Jacob mows the lawn now with a little help from his dad.  He's a mega superstar worker, this kid.  So glad Jason is whipping him into shape and keeping him off the couch.  As for Jimmy -- well ... he's gearing up/getting in shape for future manual labor.

A few memories from the past five days:

-- Watching my mom and Christie play the piano and sing together.  A very choice moment for me seeing those two cuties side-by-side on the bench.  And yes, my piano is by the front door because I have ZERO wall space in my great room.  We have humongous windows instead.  Makes me kind of sad because I have a lot of beautiful artwork that I can't hang anywhere.  Time for a new house.  Ha ha.

-- My dad and Christie playing a game with a tiny white feather.  Dad would throw the feather in the sky and as it fell, he would blow a huge gust of air and the feather would get tossed even higher into the air and then flutter down.  Christie thought this was the most amazing thing she'd ever seen and was laughing with such excitement as the feather would fall, and especially when grandpa would use his big breath of air to launch it into the sky.  Priceless!

-- Jason noticed a skin cancer spot on my dad's arm.  Jason took my dad in to his clinic, biopsied the spot, diagnosed it, and then performed a tiny surgery to remove all the cancer from this spot ... all in five days.  Luckily it wasn't a huge, horrible cancer but Jason predicted that it could've been a year from now had he not taken care of it when he did.  Thank you, Jason, for taking care of my dad.

-- I taught my young women (Mia Maids) on Sunday while my parents were here and the lesson I chose from this month's curriculum was patriarchal blessings.  I chose it because I could use so perfectly my dad's knowledge and testimony on the subject.  I invited him in to speak with my girls about patriarchal blessings and it was a marvelous moment for me.  He spoke for about 15 minutes.  It was very, very nice.  I learned things and heard things from my dad that I never knew.  I'm going to write it all down in our family journal as opposed to here, though.  Some of what he said is very sacred and lovely.  I'll always remember that day in church for as long as I live.  Definitely a highlight moment for me.

I miss my parents now that they are headed back to Utah.  Boo hoo!  But we had a great time for surely.

1 comment:

PixieGirl said...

I wish I was one of your Miamaids! You would be so fabulous as a teacher! I still vividly remember a testimony you bore in our ward and one phrase I think about all the time...you said, "Just keep your eye on the prophet!" Love you pretty girl!