My friend mentioned in her blog about "Keeper Moments." And I had one today.
Jimmy, Christie, and I walked in the door from an outing and saw a ladybug crossing our kitchen floor. A ladybug! All three of us sat on the floor, huddled around the ladybug, and passed him (her?) around back and forth. Christie was screaming "spider!" and refused to hold him, but once she saw Jimmy and I allowing him to roam freely over our skin, she gave it a whirl, too.
It was a tiny little precious moment.
It was tickling Christie's little hand and she was laughing. Then she'd try to pick him up between her fingers and got to squishing him a little too hard so I'd have to swoop in and rescue the poor guy.
Jimmy let the ladybug go all the way up his arm and it curved around. He was lying on the floor at this point, twisting and turning on himself to see where the ladybug was headed.
Finally, we released him back into the wild. Not sure if I should've done that since it's so cold out. Do ladybugs like snow?

2 comments:
Awww, you cute Mom!! What a precious moment. How the heck did a ladybug get into your house in January?!?! Ha ha!
Yep, that's a Keeper for sure!
Post a Comment