Our little tiny contribution to our 9/11 remembrance.
Today marks 12 years. It's amazing to think that 12 years have passed. But then I look at Jacob and say, yep, he's turning 12 soon. I was six months' pregnant on that awful morning and I'll never forget it. I have to admit, I don't turn on the television on days like this because those feelings of sadness and terror overcome me -- again -- and I find myself angry and sad and wiping tears streaming down my face.
But I also love the stories of heroism and bravery and selflessness that were displayed on that day and ever since then. My kids asked me today if we knew anyone that died on 9/11 and thankfully I'm able to say no. But my heart aches for those families, as if they were my own family. The pilots. The passengers. The firefighters. The moms and dads. The military servicemen and women. They are my family. They are my people. They were my fellow Americans, patriots, and they are a part of my circle, in a way.
I smile when Jimmy calls the Pentagon the "Hexagon." I love that boy.
And another picture of Christiana today, holding Scout, as we watched Fox and the Hound on DVD.
No comments:
Post a Comment