And I know there are special, fancy ways to update blogs using one's phone but I am like way not technologically savvy and even when people slowly explain to me, my ADD kicks in and I'm like, "Nah, forget it." Ha ha!
I want to be cool and fast and hip and trendy and stop doing the blog and just be the social media spaz that I've turned into, but I still want to see and hold and feel pictures. It's such a struggle. I guess the blog helps me to do that. It helps me to "see" things instead of just a flash on a screen or clicking a "like" button on my own posts. Yes, I do that. Embarrassing, but totally my style.
I do a lot of embarrassing things. A few weeks ago, I was climbing over a teeny-tiny fence and I completely got tangled up in the stationary fence and fell flat on my face and even rolled a little bit. I just lay there, staring up at the beautiful Texas sky as my family ran and gathered around me. Then recently -- I sing in the ward choir -- and after we had performed a song, "He Is Risen," for Easter, after I sat back down, my Jimmy says to me, "Mom, I could totally hear you. You were the loudest." Oops. The choir director probably thinks I'm overly enthusiastic and wishes I would not sing so loudly. Sorry! And finally, another embarrassing example, one of the members of the stake presidency introduced himself to me and I'm like, "ooooh, can I get your autograph?" Jason was mortified and almost buried his face in the pillow when I told him later that night. But I was laughing out loud.
Anyway, I have pictures to share and, most importantly, these pictures I share are obviously for my family and I.
In January was the Pinewood Derby. Jimmy displaying his Minecraft car. We weren't a winner this year but that's because two wards combined for the Derby so there was like 600 kids all vying for first place. I'm not bitter. Ha ha ha
In February, Jimmy turned 10, which is like way awesome!
And he also received his BEAR badge in Cub Scouts. Champion superstar mega-stud!
Today, as a youth group in our ward, we did baptisms for the dead in the Dallas Temple. Gorgeous temple but a little odd-shaped. You have to really angle and contort your body to get a good shot. The cool thing is that the Dallas Temple just celebrated its 30th anniversary this past October! Go Dallas!
No comments:
Post a Comment