Our Easter didn't really happen until Sunday night. I had two kids home from church, sick. Christiana had a stomach bug, and Jacob had a fever with cold symptoms. So Jason was the hero and stayed home and fixed a ham dinner for us. I went to church with Jimmy, which I must admit I loved!
Christie was feeling better in the evening, so we hid the eggs and let her find them all. The kids got a few treats and toys. We try to keep Easter simple. It was kind of a yucky day for the family but I think we're on the upswing now.
I think one of my favorite memories of this Easter is having a warm conversation with Jason about his dad. It's been a month since his passing and he has been on my mind a lot this past weekend. I appreciated so much the comfort of the Holy Ghost and Jason's wisdom and kindness as well. I can't express enough my gratitude for the precious gift of the Plan, for the atoning sacrifice of my Savior, and for my knowledge and testimony of these things. This knowledge that we hold so sacred and so dear to our hearts is the greatest blessing. Nothing even comes close to it.
1 comment:
I agree with taking Easter simple. I didn't put together baskets this year to have them wake up to like a lot of people I know. Not that that's bad but they had a primary hunt and got a ton of candy there and then I knew we were having a family after church so I thought that was good enough!! Sounds like we had similiar days, sick and chill.
Post a Comment