Friday, April 6, 2012

When Your House is For Sale...



...you do things you wouldn't normally do.



Like clean and decorate with what little decor you have...
 
...keep your kitchen immaculate!

...keep your bathroom shiny!


...plant flowers in flowerpots!  (Something I've never done.  I know.  Embarrassing.)

...landscape!




...and last but not least -- display cookbooks on easels!  (Who does that normally?  Seriously.)

It's been a lot of work, work, work getting this house up to selling standards.  I have dirt under my fingernails from planting and maintaining flowers!  I'm sure -- so annoyed by that.

The house looks good, though.  Jason and I don't want to move now that it looks so nice.

We've had a few showings this week.  One more this afternoon.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that a cute, fun family will buy our home and enjoy living here as much as we have.

Sad and excited at the exact same time.


5 comments:

Lo-train said...

Yeah it seriously looks like NO ONE lives there! Geez, good job. Hope all goes well!

Michelle said...

This post made me laugh!! You should've shown all the pictures and said this is how your house ALWAYS looks. I would've believed you. Love the display of the cookbook. And I wish my house was clean. Maybe I should pretend it's for sale.

Sarah said...

What a beautiful house you have!! I'm sure this will be a hard move.

Amy said...

LOL about the cookbook!! Btw, everyone does that, so you are now officially cool!!! :) I'm jealous of your gorgeous yard!!! Your house will get snatched up fast!

Whitney said...

haha you are hilarious. Your house looks amazing!