Monday, May 7, 2012

Supermoon


I wanted to add this beautiful picture of the moon to my blog.  My very talented cousin, Scott, took this picture of the "Supermoon" we experienced here on Earth last Saturday night.  I was inspired by its simplicity, and amazed at the same time by its massiveness.  (Is that a word?) 

We didn't get too great of a view Saturday night because we had cloudy and thunderstormy weather.  The thunderstorms here are out of control!  They scare me!  Crazy lightning and insane thunder that feels like it's right on top of your house.  Needless to say, we were awake at 3:00 in the morning waiting for it to pass so we could get back to sleep.

I got up to pee and walked around the house, looking out different windows.  I walked over to the office to unplug my computer so it wouldn't blow up if lightning were to strike.  Well, as I was passing the staircase, a large, dark man figure was coming down the stairs!  I yelled, "Jason!?!?!?!"  Well, actually, I screamed it.  I was so scared.  It was Jason, thankfully, but I wasn't expecting him because I didn't know that while I was in the bathroom, he had gotten up and gone upstairs to unplug the TV.   No lights in the house are on and the lightning is like a strobe light every few seconds.

Oh, I was so mad at him for scaring me like that, even though it was unintentional.  I seriously could not calm my heart that was beating out of my chest a hundred miles an hour.  So it was difficult to get back to sleep.  Jason apologized a dozen times but I was still so mad at him for giving me a literal heart attack!


1 comment:

raisruckus said...

I'm laughing so hard because during that 3am storm, Mike jumped and grabbed my arm and woke me up. I yelled "Holy S*#!" and started cracking up. He was so mad at me for mocking him in the morning. :)

Beautiful picture of the moon.