Sunday, June 10, 2012

Residency Graduation

Finally.
Three years ago we moved here to San Antonio to begin a dermatology residency that I in no way had any idea and/or firm grasp on how difficult, arduous, and tested-to-our-limits it would be.

Looking back, I am proud to say that nobody died.  It was quite a journey.

I am beyond thrilled and proud of Jason.  He graduated!  He worked so hard.  I can't even tell you how hard he worked.  My words and my expression of them would be at a 1st grade level compared to the enormity of Jason's accomplishments.  Find a toddler to tell you about the science behind how the universe works and that would be exactly my answer. 

Jason will take his dermatology boards in July which will make him a triple-boarded physician in dermatology, dermatopathology, and pathology.

 These group of doctors have been like family these past years.  It was a bittersweet farewell to all of them but no doubt we will keep in touch through the years wherever we end up.  Above are all the residents and staff of the dermatology department at UTHSCSA - University of Texas Health Science Center of San Antonio.
 These physicians above are all the residents in the programs.  1st, 2nd, and 3rd years.
 Above is just Jason's "class":  Wenhong Zhou, Emily Becker, and Tim Straight.  I'm ten years old around these people.  Amazingly talented doctors.
 After pictures, Jason was the first to tear that white coat off.  ha ha!  It was so hot, but not only that, Jason doesn't care at all for the stuffiness and the recognition.  This is a perfect description, actually, of Jason when it comes to the past three years.  Release me!  Release me!
 Jason with his close friend/colleague, Tim Straight.
 Dr. Kraus, the head of the department, handing Jason his diploma and certificate.
 Good job, Jason.  Take a breath.  Or a vacation.
The happy couple.

5 comments:

Amy said...

JASON DEAR!!! you are the man!!! We are so proud of you and your many, many accomplishments!! You are an AMAZING dad, hubby to my little sis, bro in law, doctor (triple boarded, people!!!!) and righteous man who does all of this in quiet humility!
I love the 13 letter acronym. UTSAHCDSCSA!!! Lol!
LOVE you guys so much!

Barlow Fam said...

So cool. So impressed. Such hard work. CONGRATS!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!! What a huge accomplishment...for both of you!! I was thinking of you Saturday. I saw this boy on Matthew's basketball team that reminded me of your Jacob. So know that you're in my thoughts :)

Jessica said...

Congratulations! How exciting and what a great accomplishment!

PixieGirl said...

Tada, that's what you need to tell Jason to say "Tada"! So happy for him and you...what a marvelous accomplishment.