Friday, June 7, 2013

The End


 Last day of school is always a bittersweet time.  Jimmy came home from school and fell into my arms, weeping, because he is going to miss Ms. Lewis.  I told him I always cried on the last day of school, too.

And I almost did cry yesterday, hugging Jacob's teacher, Mrs. Jorgensen, who happens to be the most wonderful teacher of all time.  I am not exaggerating.  She was an answer to prayer.  She instilled in Jacob the confidence and the direction that only a teacher could.  Parents can only go so far sometimes, you know?  I love that she "took the wheel" and steered Jacob toward not only straight-A success but also directed him in such a way that he bloomed and blossomed as a student and as a young man.  I can't tell you how revered this woman is and always will be in our home.  We will bless her name forever. 

And the good news is:  She's in our ward.  So we get to see her every Sunday, too, and put our arms around her.  She has a solid testimony and a wonderful family.  We adore her, okay????  Ha ha ha

Anyway, summer has begun and THANK GOODNESS!  Not a moment too soon.  I always am ready for summer to arrive.  And then in August, I'm ready for school to begin again.  Just always doing the flip-flop about that.

Happy summer!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How will you ever top this year??! Sounds fabulous!