Friday, November 22, 2013

Just Stuff

Jacob's basketball team took 1st place in the Gallatin Gateway tournament!  It was an exciting time.  I'm so proud of Jacob and their cute team.  They did an awesome job.
 
 
L to R:  Noah S., Jacob, Noah R., Alton, Gerardo, Dallin, Brendan.
There are other teammates but I couldn't fit them all in.  Go Wildcats!

  

Also this week, I had to make about a thousand cookies to take to our Young Women in Excellence program this past Wednesday.  The program turned out really well and the cookies were a hit.  Christie was unable to wait for the frosting to be completed so she just ate a plain cookie with sprinkles.  The smile says it all.


So as I was cracking an egg over the mixer bowl while making the chocolate chip cookies, one tiny egg chip flew off and into the spinning dough!  Well, I was mortified because I couldn't find it as it was instantly mixed into the dough.  I tried and tried but could not locate it.  Oh well, I thought.  Someone will get a shell crunch in their cookie.  Not good!  But what was I supposed to do???  This is the night where the bishopric comes and all the parents -- ugh ... I'm feeling so mad about the eggshell chip.

So I bake the cookies and let them cool on the counter and then stack them up to get ready to package them.  And lo and behold, the cookie on top has a tiny, white eggshell chip poking out the top!!!  Can you believe this???  The angels above helped me!  How else -- out of all those cookies -- would I have been able to find the shell if it had not been on top?!?!?!  I was so happy and freaking out and saying Thank you Thank you Thank you a million times!  I pulled out the shell and all was well.

You can see the white little shell poking out of the top cookie above, the chocolate chip cookie stack placed about 2 o'clock on the plate.  Can you see it?  I took pictures of my cookies and then noticed it.  How crazy and how wonderful is that?

Tender mercy!

2 comments:

raisruckus said...

I see it. How wonderful, tender little blessings to give you peace of mind. I bet they were YUMMY!

PS YAY on the Basketball Victory!

Sarah said...

Even little needs are met. I love that. A couple years ago my father-in-law was in the hospital after complications with surgery. It was days before Christmas & all the family was in town. My mother-in-law was feeling stressed. She felt silly but her tender mercy came in the form of walking into Costco & the last toy she needed to find was right in the front of the store. She broke down in tears actually when she saw it.