Thursday, December 12, 2013

My First Baby

  This picture was taken about a month after Jacob was born.  My first baby.  I was 25 and it really feels like a long time ago.  We were living in El Paso.  Jason was in the Army working as a pathologist.  We'd been married only a year and four months.  I had had a baby!  I didn't know what I was doing.  I was happy and scared and nervous and in love and worried and overjoyed all the same. 

   Today Jacob, my first baby, turns 12.  He's receiving the Aaronic Priesthood and becoming a young man.  It makes my heart happy to see him grow up into a wonderful person.  He truly is special in so many remarkable ways.  It also makes me a tiny-bit sad to see this little newborn in my arms and wonder why it went so fast.  And where did the time go?  And why must he grow up at all? 

  But I'm so proud of who he is and so proud that he's my little son.   

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Jacob! He is handsome and such a sweet boy.

PixieGirl said...

Something about the firsties…I think we are so endeared to them because we had NO IDEA what we were doing and so we are in total awe that they are turning out somehow! He is a jewel!

Jessica said...

Reading this makes me realize how similar our lives were at the same time. My Sabrina turns 12 on Friday and I can't believe it has been 12 years since she was born. I love her soooo much and it really makes me sad that she is growing up so fast.