Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sunset and Sunrise


Last night as I was taking out the trash, I enjoyed for five seconds the most beautiful sunset.  Huge, pink-orange stripes across the sky.  Wow, I thought to myself.  That is beautiful!

This morning as the kids and I waited for the bus, I looked up and saw, again, the same pink sky with purple clouds this time.  It was amazing.

Feeling grateful to have seen both a sunset and a sunrise in a 12-hour period!

What can I say?  I'm just so in tune with nature and I am ever-aware of this glorious Earth.  (Insert huge Nerd Alert here!)

The picture above I stole from Google images so it's not one I took.  But that is exactly how it looked this morning as I sat there waiting for the bus.

We have been having ridiculously gorgeous weather.  It's just not even fair to the rest of the country.  Some of my friends' kids have even been swimming in the afternoon but we're too wimpy for that just yet.

3 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

I love a good sunset/sunrise, especially when it's not blocked by all those nasty mountains. :) Seriously, I love TEXAS! Hugs.

Sarah said...

You had me fooled! I thought you took that beautiful picture. I LOVE nature & moments like that. I guess you call me a nerd too. :)

PixieGirl said...

Hey nerd, your sis was at my house a few nights ago for a camp meeting...ummm hello! She is almost as darling as you:) It made me feel like we were connecting somehow and I missed you. Loves, a fellow nerd