Downtown San Antonio is such a fun place to be -- from the Riverwalk to the Alamo, there's always something to see and do. Yesterday I joined Jacob's 4th grade class at the Alamo to chaperone and enjoy one last final school day with Jacob before school's out for the summer. Plus, we just sold our house this week, so it's official. We're moving. I will miss San Antonio. It is near and dear to my heart. I am excited for what's next and sad to leave all the same.
These were the three boys I was in charge of yesterday! Ha ha -- what a fun bunch. Andres and Alex are super kids. Very smart, courteous, and very good at not getting lost! I was glad to have such a good group of kiddos to watch over. Jacob has a lot of sweet friends in his class.
It started to pour rain during our tour. We were running like crazy trying to find shelter most of the day. No, I didn't bring an umbrella. We were all looking like drowned rats by the end of the day.
The final touch was seeing a Hollywood-ish IMAX movie about the Alamo. Really cool! And I actually learned something. I know. Shocking.
3 comments:
Ha! When we went today we saw a tourist who said, "Be glad you weren't here yesterday, those poor kids were soaked!" Funny. We didn't get to see Price of Freedom, it was sold out, but we did see the cool 3D Tornado movie. :)
I'm so happy for you that you sold your house, wow, that is really exciting. What a fun mom you are to go on fieldtrips... maybe someday I'll participate in my childrens things.
I've always wanted to visit the Alamo. What a fun field trip. Glad that your house sold and can't wait to hear about the next adventure!
Post a Comment