Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Christmas Pictures
We took these pictures in November. We hooked up with our dearest friends, the Grahams, in Billings for a fun photo shoot. Jason wasn't with us because he was driving a moving truck from Texas back to Montana. Besides, I wanted to surprise him with a picture of the kids and I for Christmas so it worked out okay. Thanks, Jana, for the amazing shots and for the gorgeous coral jacket I borrowed from you.
In other news, I have deleted entire years off my blog to free up some picture space. I guess I had reached the maximum storage capability of Blogger. Weird. I refuse to pay for more storage because I'm mad that Google/Blogger/Picasa/whoever owns my pictures. Even though it's five bucks, it's just the principle of it that bothers me. They're my pictures and I don't want to have to ask the noble gods of blogging for permission to use my pictures. So there.
More pictures to come. I might have to delete some more! But I have to get through 2012 so I can make my yearly blog book. Come January 1, who knows if I'll maintain the blog or begin a new one. I didn't upsize my pictures this time; left them small.
My Jacob turned 11 today. (Tears strolling down my face.) I just can't believe it. I walked around his room today and I was struck by the fact that he is transitioning into teenager times. He's hanging on to his childhood with his teddy bear displayed and his Lego guys posed perfectly in his bookshelf, his pillow pet propped against his headboard. And then there's his new set of golf clubs he got for his birthday, his suit hanging in the closet, his Christmas gifts that he's making for Jimmy and Christie jammed underneath his bed, books and birthday cards on his desk, alarm clock on the nightstand next to a picture of him 4-wheeling in Idaho with his beloved Uncle Marty. He wants to be so grown-up but he also is hanging on to his childhood things. It's a careful balance.
I was just struck by that today since I'm emotional that he's had another birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Thank you for the update finally!!!!!!! Loved the gorgeous shots of you beautiful people!!! My heart is tender about Jacob... In the same boat as you right now!
:(((
Look at you... total model. You're gorgeous! Ella turns 11 next month and I'm feeling emotional about it too. One more year and she's in Young Women's. How can that be? One more year till Middle School. They grow up too quickly.
So hard to believe. When Mike was called to be YMs pres we were both shocked to realize that Cameron would be with him there next year. Nuts. I think I'm going to help him hang on as long as I can. :)
BEAUTIFUL family. You are amazing.
Post a Comment