Friday, December 21, 2012

Now's When My Life Begins

I was watching Tangled yesterday with the kiddos and since I am a nerd about finding a gospel message in any situation, I couldn't help but see a meaning behind this one scene in the movie.  Rapunzel, being stuck in her tower for 18 years, finally steps foot down on the grass for the first time in her life.  I thought about those darling children who were killed last week in their kindergarten class and thought about them crossing the veil into the Spirit World.  They were probably hesitant at first to be there, sad and nervous or scared to leave this worldy existence behind.  And then when their feet touched Heaven's soft floor and felt the love of their Savior and their family there, they knew they were in the right place; free again.  Free from this sorrowful existence.  Free to really live now, to progress, and to be happy and at peace.


Just smell the grass!  The dirt!  Just like I dreamed they'd be!
Just feel that summer breeze - the way it's calling me
For like the first time ever, I'm completely free!
I could go running
And racing
And dancing
And chasing
And leaping
And bounding
Hair flying

Heart pounding
And splashing
And reeling
And finally feeling
Now's when my life begins!

3 comments:

raisruckus said...

Love this. You are talented. Hugs.

Amy said...

Awesome. Thank you for that. Love you

PixieGirl said...

Precious...I have been thinking of those little ones and this is just perfect:)