Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Righteous Pride

Last night, Jacob received his Arrow of Light in Cub Scouting.  Righteous pride moment for mom and dad, ya'll!  So proud of Jacob.  He is so pure and good.  He worked hard for this grand accomplishment.  I didn't take a very good picture of the actual award because I wanted to make sure we got the Texas flag in the background.  He went through Cub Scouting in Texas -- all three years -- so I wanted to honor that great state along with his wonderful leaders and teachers who helped him along the way to reach this point.
 
After our mega-quick pack meeting, we rushed home a hundred miles an hour on icy roads to get ready for the Christmas concert at the school.  Jimmy and his 2nd grade class sang a few darling songs (with sign language), and Jacob played the flute with his 5th grade class.  So beyond proud of these ding-dongs.  I was practically doing toe-touches in the gymnasium -- these boys are awesome.

Jimmy decided to pose like a complete and utter goofball before heading out the door.  I love his face.  I hope this kid never changes.  I hope he stays as happy and funny every day of his life as he is right now.  I want to see pictures of him on his mission making this face.



A wonderful evening for sure!  And one more proud moment:  Jacob is tying his own tie now!  Stud!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

BIG reason to be a proud mom. I am just starting to understand Cub Scouts & went to an Arrow of Light ceremony over the summer. That is a big deal!

Amy said...

So proud of our boy Jacob! So many reasons to be a proud momma today!!! Congrats Jacob! Now it's on to the hard stuff-- merit badges!!! Yeeaaaah! Love you so much! And that flute is legit!!! It's like the real thing-- and it looks scary & difficult to play!!!