Friday, December 14, 2012

Scout MacDougal

I'm usually completely opposed to adding more stuff to do during the holidays.  As if it isn't enough to break your back getting gifts for your family, friends, neighbors, kids' teachers, visiting teachers who visit you, the sisters you visit-teach, home teaching families, the bishop, etc.  On top of that, I'm making food galore thanks to all the ridiculously delicious-looking recipes I'm finding on Pinterest every day.  Not to mention all the Christmas parties at church and school.  And don't forget sending the Christmas cards out, shoveling snow, regular grocery shopping and cooking, laundry, homework, lesson preparing for church, work parties, and Jacob's birthday.  All the while, we're fighting colds and doing scouts and making it to the gym, when possible. 

And there's Elf on the Shelf.  Thanks to my adoring sister, Amy, she sent us this darling little guy with the book so we can start a new tradition in our family!  At first I was sooooooo mad.  But seriously, it has turned into something really fun and easy.  I don't do anything too creative with him.  Some days my kids are a little disappointed that he's not doing something mischievous like they might see other families do.  We just go with it.  He's cute and funny.

So thanks, AMY!!!!!  We love our Elf who we named Scout MacDougal.  He's a bright red laser beam to our dark and dreary holidays.  Ha ha ha!

Jacob's birthday post is coming up next.  Hooray!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Scout! Love it!!! And I'm SEEW sorry for adding more back breaking work to your cr-aazy days!!! Lol!!! Wish I could do the elf but my kids are too old! :(
Keep updating us with all of your amazing & fun adventures! My world is a little brighter when you do!
xoXoooxXooOox

Michelle said...

We have an Elf too and we love it. So much fun, and helps the kids behave. We had neighbors whose Elf didn't come back because they were so naughty! Can you imagine?!?! My kids would freak if that happened. We've found our Elf in the fridge drinking a drink! We also found her in Ella's Barbie house, and reading a book in a baby doll bed. That's about as creative as we get here!

raisruckus said...

Charlie pulled two of the doll beds together so they'd be long enough for him in the doll house today. The girls thought that was great. That's about how creative I get. I had to laugh at Mike today when he came home and said, so I have a friend who does all these crazy things with his elf... and went on to tell me several of the things we've all seen on blogs and pinterest. I laughed and asked him if he really thought I hadn't heard of all that before. (you know the FB junkie) If he wants to do the fun and crazy though, he's going to have to do it!